Pasta-O’s with Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce
This flavourful homemade recipe will be your new family favourite when you use our Organic Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup as the sauce base. Cook up some kid-friendly noodles, add in juicy meatballs, sprinkle copious amounts of cheese and you have yourself a dish fit for your ever-demanding dinner crowd.
- 1 1 carton carton Pacific Foods® Organic Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 0.5 white onion diced
- 2 2 cloves cloves garlic minced
- 8 8 ounce ounce tomato paste
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp dried orgeno
- 1 1 pound pound dried small pasta orecchiette or macaroni
- 1 1 pound pound italian meatballs
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup fresh basil
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup Parmesan cheese grated
Add olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in white onion and garlic. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until fragrant.
Pour Pacific Foods® Organic Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup into saucepan. Stir in tomato paste and dried oregano until well combined. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, reduce heat, and let simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
While sauce cooks, prepare pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta and add to a large bowl. Stir in sauce and meatballs until well combined. You may not need to use all of the sauce.
Garnish pasta with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.