Grilled Halloumi and Stone Fruit Orzo Salad
Why resort to a boring salad when this can be yours in half an hour? Cook up some orzo using organic broth, grill stone fruits to perfection, pan fry halloumi, add in arugula and mix it all together to get a fresh summertime dish ready for any occasion.
- 3 3 cup cup Pacific Foods® Chicken Bone Broth Unsalted
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup orzo
- 4 4 ounce ounce halloumi cheese sliced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1 pound pound stone fruits (peaches, nectarines, plums) pits removed sliced in half
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup cherries pits removed
- 6 6 cup cup arugula
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup olive oil
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 1 tsp tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
Cook orzo: add Pacific Foods® Chicken Bone Broth Unsalted to a medium pot and bring to a boil, stir in orzo, simmer, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until orzo is tender. Drain orzo and add to a large bowl to let cool slightly.
Grill stone fruit: add sliced stone fruits to a hot grill, cut side down, and grill for 2-4 minutes per side, or until slightly caramelized and warmed. Remove stone fruits from grill and set aside.
Pan fry halloumi: heat a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced halloumi and pan fry for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare salad dressing: whisk together olive oil, vinegar, dijon, honey/maple syrup, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
Prepare the salad: add arugula to bowl with orzo. Stir to combine. Top with grilled stone fruits, cherries, and pieces of halloumi cheese. Drizzle with salad dressing (you may not need to use all of it) and toss gently to combine.
Serve salad and enjoy!
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.