Korean Kimchi and Beef Fried Rice
Treat your taste buds to this flavourful beef fried rice! Dice, mince and chop fresh scallions, spicy kimchi, organic garlic and a little jalapeno for your new favourite dish to be ready in only 30 minutes.
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup scallions sliced
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup soy sauce sub tamari to make this gluten-free
- 1 1 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Beef Broth
- 1 1 jalapeno diced small
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp garlic minced
- 4 4 tsp tsp gochugaru flakes sub with chili powder
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1 cup cup white medium grain rice
- 2 2 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Beef Broth
- 1 1 pound pound ground beef
- 1 1 cup cup kimchi chopped
- 3 3 tbsp tbsp vegetable oil
Make the sauce by combining scallions, soy or tamari sauce, Pacific Foods® Organic Beef Broth, chopped jalapeno, minced garlic, gochugaru flakes and sesame oil.
Cook your rice as per the instructions on package. You can use leftover rice if you have it available.
Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a large wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Heat for approximately 3 minutes.
Add your prepared rice to the wok or skillet and stir quickly until rice is crispy. Be sure to push the rice up the hot sides. Once rice is crispy, remove from pan and set aside.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the wok/skillet and add the ground beef and stir until cooked. Strain the excess fat away and remove from pan.
Pour the sauce mixture into the wok/skillet. On medium-high, reduce the mixture until there is approximately 1/3 of a cup left.
Add back the rice and ground beef to the sauce. Mix in the chopped kimchi and stir until thoroughly heated and mixed.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.