Chopped Summer Salad
The perfect dish for summer get togethers. Simmer together quinoa and chicken bone broth, then mix with dressing and other salad ingredients like berries, avocados and tomatoes for a sweet treat that simply can’t be beat.
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup quinoa
- 1 1 cup cup Pacific Foods® Chicken Bone Broth Unsalted
- 15 15 ounce ounce chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1 head head romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 1 cup cup blueberries
- 1 1 cup cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 1 cucumber seeded and chopped
- 2 2 avocados diced
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup olive oil
- 4 4 tbsp tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1 clove clove garlic minced
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp Dijon mustard
Add quinoa and Pacific Foods® Chicken Bone Broth Unsalted to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Once fully cooked, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Pour quinoa into a bowl and let cool for 15-20 minutes before adding to the salad.
Prepare dressing: in a small bowl whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and mustard. Set aside.
Prepare the chopped salad: to a large salad bowl add quinoa, chickpeas, romaine lettuce, bell pepper, blueberries, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber.
Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
Top with avocado and serve!
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.