Creamy Instant Pot® Mushroom and Wild Rice Pilaf
This yummy rice dish will create a beautiful aroma in your kitchen. Made with delicious wild rice and earthy mushrooms, this pilaf also blends a wide range of vegetables and chopped herbs to create a remarkable entree.
- 1 1 cup cup wild rice
- 0.75 0.75 tsp tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 2 2 large shallots sliced
- 1 1 carrot diced
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp thyme finely chopped
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 1 1 clove clove garlic minced
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
- 12 12 ounce ounce cremini mushrooms sliced
- 10.5 10.5 ounce ounce Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- garnish with chopped fresh parsley
To a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot® add rice, 2 cups water, and salt. Cook using the manual setting. Select high pressure for 24 minutes.
While rice cooks, in a large nonstick skillet warm oil over medium heat. Add shallots and carrot and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add thyme, rosemary, garlic, and pepper and sauté 1 minute more.
Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their liquid and the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes. Stir in Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup to coat vegetables.
Once rice is done, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Open steam valve to release any remaining pressure. Drain rice well and stir into vegetable mixture.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.