Instant Pot® Mushroom Farro Soup
Fresh vegetables and ancient grains help to create a wholesome dish that is full of flavour. Farro is an ancient grain that helps to absorb the complex flavours in this dish of deliciousness. Combine the farro with vegetables like leeks, carrots, celery and parsley, and you get a bowl full of “yum”.
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 2 2 large leeks trimmed, halved lengthwise, well washed, and sliced
- 1 1 large carrot diced
- 1 1 celery rib with leaves chopped
- 8 8 ounce ounce mixed mushrooms like shiitake, oyster, chanterelle roughly chopped
- 6 6 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 1 bunch bunch mustard greens stems and ribs removed, roughly chopped
- 1 1 cup cup farro
- 10.5 10.5 ounce ounce Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- 1 1 clove clove garlic minced
- 1 1 tsp tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 0.75 0.75 tsp tsp fine sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp lemon juice
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp parsley chopped
- serve with toasted crusty bread
In a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot® or pressure cooker heat oil using the sauté setting. Add leeks, carrot, and celery. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and sauté until they release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Hit cancel to turn off Instant Pot®.
Add Pacific Foods® Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth, mustard greens, farro, Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Cook using the manual setting. Select high pressure for 5 minutes. Once completed, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Open steam valve to release any remaining pressure. Stir in lemon juice.
Garnish soup with parsley and serve with bread.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.