French Dip Sliders with Au Jus Sauce
Feed a whole family with warm Hawaiian buns stacked with deli roast beef and adorned with zesty spread, ready to dip in homemade au jus made from organic beef broth. Baked for less than an hour, mom, dad and the kids can dig right in and devour these easy mini sandwiches in mere minutes. The leftovers will be minimal and the flavours will be unforgettable. Bon appétit!
- 3 3 tbsp tbsp butter divided
- 1 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 1 tsp tsp water
- 3 3 tbsp tbsp stone ground mustard
- 12 12 slider buns such as Hawaiian rolls slider buns
- 0.5 0.5 pound pound deli roast beef
- 12 12 slices slices provolone cheese
- 1 1 tsp tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp mayo
- 1 1 tsp tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1 tsp tsp sesame seeds
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp parsley diced, to garnish
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp butter
- 1 1 clove clove garlic minced
- 1 1 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Beef Broth
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp dried thyme
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp black pepper
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9″ x 13″ baking sheet. Place the bottom half of the rolls in the bottom of the pan.
Caramelize onions: Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and water. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften and caramelize, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
Prepare French Dip sandwiches: Spread an even layer of stone ground mustard onto rolls. Top with a layer of roast beef and a layer of provolone. Top with caramelized onions, then cover with the tops of the rolls.
Melt 1 tablespoon of remaining butter and mix with Worcestershire, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and sesame seeds. Spread over the buns. Cover with foil and bake until golden and cooked through, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Prepare the Au Jus Sauce: Add butter to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add Pacific Foods® Organic Beef Broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, sea salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes until reduced slightly.
Serve squares of French Dip Sandwiches with Au Jus on the side for dipping.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.