One-Pot Easy Lasagna Soup
Upgrade your lasagna with this soup-er alternative that’s packed with flavours to give you year-round comfort. A favourite with friends and family, this creamy creamy lasagne soup uses tomato basil soup and organic vegetable broth, bite-sized lasagna noodles, Italian herbs and melted cheeses.
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 cup cup small yellow onion chopped
- 4 4 cloves cloves garlic minced
- 1 1 pound pound mild italian chicken sausage
- 6 6 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 2 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- diced tomatoes
- tomato paste
- 1 1 tsp tsp ground oregano
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
- 8 8 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into bite-sizes pieces
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup Parmesan cheese grated, optional
- 1 1 cup cup mozzarella cheese shredded, optional
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup ricotta cheese to garnish
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup fresh basil to garnish
Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until slightly translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
Stir in sausage and cook until browned. Drain off excess grease as necessary.
Add Pacific Foods® Organic Vegetable Broth, Pacific Foods® Organic Creamy Tomato Basil Soup, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, black pepper, and Italian seasoning to pot. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, add lasagna noodles, and stir well. Cook soup for 8-10 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
Add Parmesan cheese and mozzarella and stir to combine.
Divide soup into bowls and garnish with a spoonful of ricotta cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy!
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.