Pantry Pasta Salad
Artichoke hearts, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes and organic vegetable broth combine to make this an instant classic. Packed with seemingly more colours than the rainbow itself, this is a great dish to brighten today!
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup olive oil
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup red wine or white wine vinegar
- 2 2 tsp tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1 tsp tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1 clove clove garlic minced
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
- 8 8 ounce ounce small dried pasta such as elbows or rotini
- 4 4 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 8 8 ounce ounce chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 8 8 ounce ounce artichoke hearts drained and rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup black olives or kalamata olives halved and pitted
- 1 1 cup cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup fresh basil chopped (optional)
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup fresh mozzarella cheese chopped (optional)
Prepare the pasta salad dressing: add olive oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, mustard, garlic, sea salt and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk vigorously to combine, set aside.
Add Pacific Foods® Organic Vegetable Broth to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add dried pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and add to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator to chill while prepping and chopping other ingredients. Feel free to cook pasta 1-2 hours ahead of time, if you’d like.
Make the pasta salad: to cooked pasta add chickpeas, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, olives, cherry tomatoes, herbs, and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with pasta salad dressing and toss to combine. Serve pasta salad immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours. When chilled, serve and enjoy!
Leftover pasta salad will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.