Whole Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Carrot Top Pesto
Each roasted carrot is covered in a homemade pesto that includes fresh basil leaves, carrot tops and pine nuts – a combined flavour unlike any other!
- 2 2 bunches bunches rainbow carrots with greens attached
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp black pepper
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 2 cloves cloves garlic peeled
- 3 3 tbsp tbsp pine nuts
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup fresh basil leaves
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup Parmesan cheese
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 4 tbsp tbsp lemon juice
- pinch pinch red pepper flakes
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 475°F.
Cut green carrot tops from carrots. Remove thick stems and reserve small, fine carrot top leaves. Set aside.
Add whole carrots to a large baking tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, stir carrots, and roast for another 15 minutes. Remove tray from oven. Carefully pour Pacific Foods® Organic Vegetable Broth into tray and return to the oven. Roast carrots for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until broth is evaporated and carrots are tender.
Prepare carrot top pesto: combine green carrot tops, garlic, pine nuts, basil leaves, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until evenly combined. If the pesto is too thick, drizzle in more olive oil.
Add roasted carrots to a platter and drizzle pesto on top. Enjoy!
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.