Quinoa Grain Bowl with Mushrooms, Sweet Potato and Kale
This delicious bowl of “yum” begins with hearty sweet potatoes and ends with avocado and microgreens, packing a powerful punch that is made in less than an hour for the lunch or dinner rush.
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp avocado oil
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
- 2 2 medium sweet potatoes cubed
- 1 1 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 1 can can Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- 1.5 1.5 cup cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 2 2 cup cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 4 4 cup cup lacinato kale stems removed and chopped
- 1 1 avocado sliced, to garnish
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup microgreens to garnish
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup pumpkin seeds to garnish
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup tahini
- 1 1 lemon juiced
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp black pepper
- 1 1 clove clove garlic minced
- 3 3 tbsp tbsp water to thin
Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add cubed sweet potatoes and drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Roast sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until fork tender. Remove from oven.
Prepare quinoa: add Pacific Foods® Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth and Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup to a medium stockpot. Bring to a boil and add quinoa. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove quinoa from heat and set aside.
Add olive oil to a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until slightly golden. Stir in kale and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until kale is wilted and broken down slightly. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare tahini dressing: in a small bowl whisk together tahini, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic clove. Add 2 tablespoons water and whisk until dressing is smooth and creamy. If the dressing is too thick, add in another 1-2 tablespoons water.
Assemble grain bowls: to each bowl add roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa, and kale and mushroom mixture. Garnish with avocado slices, microgreens and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with tahini dressing and enjoy!
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.