Sweet Potato, Parsnip, and Cauliflower Gratin
Baked for only one hour with a bubbly and cheesy topping, your gratin is filled with your favourite root vegetables like sweet potatoes and parsnips.
- 3 3 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 pound pound sweet potato peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 1 pound pound parsnip peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour substitute all-purpose gluten-free flour, if necessary
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp nutmeg
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1 tsp tsp dried thyme
- 1 1 can can Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Cauliflower Condensed Soup
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup gruyere cheese grated
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp fresh thyme chopped, to garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9.5-inch baking dish with olive oil. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine sweet potato, parsnips, flour, sea salt, pepper, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, and dried thyme. Stir to combine.
Spread a layer of Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Cauliflower Condensed Soup on the bottom on baking dish. Add one layer of sliced sweet potato and parsnips, overlapping slightly, to dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a drizzle of Condensed Cauliflower Soup. Repeat with the remainder of the sweet potatoes and parsnips, parmesan cheese, and Condensed Cauliflower Soup. Sprinkle the top of the gratin with gruyere cheese.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove oil, return to the oven, and cook an additional 30 minutes, or until gruyere cheese is bubbly and browned and vegetables are fork tender.
Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let sit 20 minutes.
Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy!
Specifically Relevant RecipesView All Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.