Aloo Gobi with Chickpeas
Breathe in the sweet-scented aromas of caramelized onions, crispy fried russet potatoes and cauliflower flavours, sautéed with garlic and spices. Served with basmati rice, this vegetarian dish is packed with nourishing flavour.
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp preferred vegetable oil
- 1 1 onion diced
- 2 2 roma tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 2 cloves cloves garlic minced
- 1 1 inch inch piece ginger peeled and minced
- 1 1 serrano pepper seeded and minced
- 1 1 tsp tsp garam masala
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp fine sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp ground turmeric
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp ground coriander
- 0.125 0.125 tsp tsp cayenne pepper
- 10.5 10.5 ounce ounce Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Cauliflower Condensed Soup
- 2 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 1 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 2 cup cup bite-sized cauliflower florets
- 0.75 0.75 cup cup frozen green peas
- 15 15 ounce ounce canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- cooked basmati rice for serving
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp cilantro chopped
In a large skillet warm oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes or until no longer watery.
Add garlic, ginger, serrano, garam masala, salt, turmeric, coriander, and cayenne. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes more or until fragrant.
Add Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Cauliflower Condensed Soup, Pacific Foods® Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Add cauliflower, peas, and chickpeas, cover, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more.
Serve with basmati rice and garnish with cilantro.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.