Creamy Broccoli Pasta
The Creamy Broccoli Pasta sauce is highlighted with cooked garlic, fresh broccoli and sautéed onions. Add the pasta and voila!
- 1 1 pound pound chickpea pasta shells
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp preferred vegetable oil
- 1 1 medium onion diced
- 2 2 cloves cloves garlic minced
- 1 1 medium head broccoli cut into bite-size florets (about 4 cups florets)
- 1 1 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 10.5 10.5 ounce ounce Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 0.75 0.75 tsp tsp fine sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp black pepper
- 1 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup basil torn
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook following package directions. Drain well.
In a large saucepan warm oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
Add broccoli, Pacific Foods® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth, Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup, salt, and pepper. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until broccoli is very tender, 7-9 minutes.
Transfer mixture to a blender, add lemon zest, and puree. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Add sauce to cooked pasta to taste, along with Parmesan. Stir to combine. Garnish with basil.
Reserve any leftover sauce for later; it can also be frozen.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.