Green Chile Chicken Tortilla Pie
This dish will please the whole family. Made with ingredients like corn, flavourful spices, corn tortillas and green chiles that give the perfect amount of kick.
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp preferred vegetable oil
- 1 1 medium onion diced
- 2 2 cloves cloves garlic minced
- 1 1 tsp tsp ground cumin
- 0.75 0.75 tsp tsp fine sea salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp tsp chili powder
- 15 15 ounce ounce black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 10 ounce ounce frozen corn kernels
- 10.5 10.5 ounce ounce Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 4 4 ounce ounce diced hot green chiles drained
- 0.5 0.5 cup cup green enchilada sauce
- 8 8 7.5" corn tortillas
- 2 2 cup cup Mexican cheese shredded
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup cojita cheese crumbled
- 0.33 0.33 cup cup sour cream
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9” springform pan or a regular 9” cake pan with cooking spray.
In a large skillet warm oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, salt, and chili powder. Cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
Add beans, corn, Pacific Foods® Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup, chiles, and enchilada sauce. Cook until bubbling.
Place 1 tortilla in prepared pan. Break a second tortilla in half and arrange so it covers bottom of pan. Top with 1½ cups bean mixture and ½ cup cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers, using 2 tortillas per layer as above. Top with last 2 tortillas, and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Mexican cheese and cotija. Gently press to help layers adhere.
Bake until filling is warmed through and cheese on top is bubbling, 15-20 minutes. If desired, broil briefly to brown top. Let cool 5 minutes.
Run a thin knife around inside of pan. Remove pan ring and cut tortilla pie into wedges (for a regular cake pan, cut into wedges and serve right out of the pan). Garnish with sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.