Spicy Red Curry Thai Soup
Why do takeout when you can do Thai in? This refreshing take on the sweet and savoury dish uses organic ingredients like unsweetened coconut combined with environmentally conscious free-range chicken broth, fiery red curry and sweet-smelling lemongrass to create the smooth textures and tangy kick that will keep you coming back for more.
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 1 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 3 3 cloves cloves garlic minced
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 1 stalk lemongrass trimmed and slightly bruised
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 3 3 cup cup Pacific Foods® Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 14 14 ounce ounce unsweetened coconut beverage
- 1 1 tbsp tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1 tsp tsp brown sugar
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp cornstarch
- 3 3 tbsp tbsp lime juice
- 2 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 0.25 0.25 cup cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1 Thai chili pepper thinly sliced
Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook shallots, red pepper, garlic, ginger and lemongrass for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to soften.
Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Stir in Pacific Foods® Organic Free Range Chicken Broth, unsweetened coconut beverage, fish sauce and brown sugar; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Combine 2 tbsp water with cornstarch; stir into soup. Cook for 15 minutes.
Stir in lime juice. Top each serving with green onions, cilantro and chili pepper.
Note: add shrimp, chicken or cooked rice vermicelli noodles to soup if desired.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.