Pea, Arugula and Prosciutto Salad
It’s okay to take sides, especially when the side dish is as healthy, wholesome and hearty as this heavenly salad. Cooked with a generous amount of greens such as antioxidant-loaded green peas and vitamin-rich sugar snap peas, then combined with free-range chicken broth, the bright burst of colours and flavours are a welcome addition to any table setting.
- 1.5 1.5 cup cup shelled green peas fresh or fozen
- 3 3 cup cup sugar snap peas ends trimmed
- 4 4 cup cup Pacific Foods® Free Range Chicken Broth
- 6 6 cup cup arugula
- 4 4 ounce ounce prosciutto
- 2 2 tbsp tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1 tsp tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 3 tbsp tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp ground ginger
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp sea salt
- 0.25 0.25 tsp tsp black pepper
- hemp seeds to garnish
To a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, ginger, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
Add Pacific Foods® Free Range Chicken Broth to a medium pot and bring to a gentle boil. Working in batches, cook green peas and sugar snap peas in bone broth for 2 minutes. Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water, this halts the cooking and keeps the color bright green.
Drain peas and transfer to a large bowl. Add arugula and toss well to combine.
Toss with lemon Dijon mustard. Add prosciutto and toss to combine. Garnish with hemp seeds.
Serve and enjoy!
Note: recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.
Specifically Relevant Recipes
Grow better, farm friendlier,
act kinder. And repeat.